How to Wear Oxidised Jewellery without Looking Outmoded
Oxidised jewellery, also known as antique or vintage jewellery, has been in vogue for quite some time. The rustic charm and earthy appeal of these pieces make them a favourite among women of all ages. Indeed, the very process of oxidation - which involves exposing the metal to air and moisture over a period of time - can be seen as a metaphor for how we all age and evolve over the course of our lives, developing a richness and complexity that is impossible to capture in youth.
However, there is sometimes a misconception that oxidised jewellery is only suited for old-school people or older women. But fear not, dear reader, for we shall reveal to you the secrets of how to wear oxidised jewellery without looking outmoded.
Why has it started to become popular among people?
Oxidised jewellery has become popular recently due to its chic, hip look. It is often used for creating statement pieces that are eye-catching and unique. Many fashion lovers embrace the oxidised look as a way to stand out from the crowd and make a fashion statement. oxidised jewellery is also often used to create a vintage or antique-inspired look.
How to Style It Without Looking Like Outmoded?
- First and foremost, it is essential to understand that oxidised jewellery is all about balance. Too much of it can overpower your entire look, while too little can make it seem insignificant. Therefore, it's crucial to strike a perfect balance between the oxidised pieces and the rest of your outfit. A great way to do this is by pairing an oxidised necklace or earrings with a simple dress or a plain white shirt. This creates a stunning contrast between the rustic jewellery and the clean lines of the outfit.
- Another way to style oxidised jewellery is to mix and match it with modern pieces. For example, you can pair an oxidised bangle with a sleek and contemporary watch or stack oxidised rings with delicate silver bands. This creates an edgy yet elegant look that's perfect for any occasion.
- It's also essential to pay attention to the overall colour scheme of your outfit. Oxidised jewellery typically has a darker tone, so it's important to balance it out with lighter hues. For example, you can wear an oxidised necklace with a white dress or pair oxidised earrings with a beige or pastel-coloured outfit.
- When it comes to hairstyles, it's best to keep them simple and elegant. Updos and braids are a great way to showcase your oxidised earrings or necklaces without distracting from the jewellery. You can also wear your hair in loose waves or a sleek ponytail to create a chic and effortless look.
The timelessly alluring Oxidised pieces
- The beauty of oxidised jewellery lies in its imperfections. The surface of each piece is unique, bearing the marks of time and use in a way that gives it a sense of depth and character that is impossible to replicate artificially. Of course, like any other form of beauty, the allure of oxidised jewellery is subjective, and what one person finds enchanting may be lost on another.
- In many ways, the appeal of oxidised jewellery is linked to a broader trend towards vintage and antique items, which are prized for their unique character and history. In a world where so much is mass-produced and standardized, the allure of something that bears the marks of time and individuality is stronger than ever. And in a society that often values youth and novelty over wisdom and experience, there is something deeply comforting about an object that has weathered the years and come out the other side with a sense of grace and dignity.
Where to buy oxidised Jewellery?
Estele's oxidised jewellery is made with high-quality materials and is crafted with care, ensuring that each piece is both beautiful and durable. The jewellery is designed to last, so you can enjoy its unique style and beauty for years to come.
Whether you're looking for a statement piece to add to your jewellery collection or something understated to wear every day, Estele's oxidised jewellery is sure to capture your attention and leave a lasting impression.
All in all, whether worn as a symbol of personal style or simply admired for its visual appeal, there is no denying the allure of an oxidised piece of jewellery